Its just over one week since I had my surgery and nearly two since the rupture. I didn’t expect the time to pass so quickly, but then when everything takes four times as long this helps time fly.
Here’s a little list of what I have learnt this week. Its no way scientific and if you ever hurt your Achilles this list probably won’t be helpful. Seriously though I’ve learnt a lot about myself, my body and my capacity for just about everything and one week I will post the serious list.
1) The restorative effect of clean hair and clean underwear should be researched and documented by scientific/medical community. Combined they are more powerful than any prescription pills.
2) With a sick note (now apparently called ‘fit for work’ note) you can watch ITV3 all day in leisurewear and not be classed a chav.
3) I am hard work to look after (I like to think I am low maintenance patient, but now I realise otherwise).
4) The person or people that care for you work bloody hard and are in short fabulous, but they will always forget one thing:
Moving your crutches near to you when they go out shopping
Plastic bag when you are having a shower
5) Flowers make everything feel okay – thanks guys.
6) Everyone knows someone that ruptured their Achilles, but over ten years ago.
7) The conversations you find on Twitter are frankly amazing.
8) Words more than actions, mean a huge amount. Its the text, tweets and emails that have kept me amused this week. People I know a lot, barely or not at all, their words are heartwarming and hilarious.
9) Laughter gets you through a great deal.
10) Never underestimate the power of optimism. I’ve been told that I see the good side in most things and the good in most people. It usually how I end up in shit, however I digress. Imagine if you could combine them with no1 on the list?! Maybe that’s what I’ll work on this week.